Hey there friends!
I am sure that most of us are getting ready to go back in shape. Bountiful feasts, Hump Days, Friday night hangouts, and Free meals made us eat a lot. Now it’s time to go back on track. One of the famous go to trends in being healthy is Detoxification. Since some of us are still alienated about it, here’s a clear vision of what Detox is.
What is a detox? Where to start? If you find yourself over indulging in rich foods you don’t normally eat you may notice that you are not feeling as well as you normally do. Your digestion may be sluggish, you could be experiencing more headaches than normal or you may not be sleeping as well. Sugar, especially in abundance can have detrimental effects on our health and wellness. Fortunately, there are great natural ways to detoxify your system that will have you feeling better in no time. Here is a 10-step process:
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by drinking green tea at least 2-3 times per day, add a squeeze of fresh lemon to boost its cleansing effects.
3. Take Vitamin C, this will help boost your immune system and help your liver eliminate toxins more efficiently.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water a day, preferably with lemon.
5. Breathe deeply, this is one of the easiest yet most overlooked aspects of our health and well-being.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions. Start a grateful heart journal and jot down one thing each day that you are grateful for.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat in a sauna, hot bath or steamy shower so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
9. Dry brush your skin. Sounds weird, right? By using a special all-natural bristle brush to ‘brush’ your skin you are helping your blood circulation. By brining fresh, oxygenated blood to the surface you are not only improving its detox powers but your skin will give off a health glow, too!
10. Exercise. This is number 10 on the list but is probably the most important step in a successful detox. I highly suggest practicing yoga. Yoga positions are specifically designed to help your internal body, energy and organs work to their full potential. This is a great excuse to visit that new yoga studio! Try to practice for at least 30 minutes a day.