Hey there friends,
Feeling a little down lately? Prevent this vibe by knowing a thing or two on how to deal with a negative mood. Together with your positive heart, there are 50 tricks that will surely get you out of it in a snap.
1. Take vitamin B supplements. I swear by this.
2. Be careful with coffee/caffeine.
3. Get as much sleep as you can.
4. Drink a decent amount of water.
5. Avoid “fake food” (fast food, junk food, sweets).
6. Privately write down what you are feeling.
7. Acknowledge the presence of negative thoughts.
8. And change them to positive ones.
9. Accept that you can control your thoughts.
10. Repeat “this is going to be a good day” in the morning.
11. Smile even when you don’t want to.
12. Wake up, get up, get going, and keep moving, and keep going.
13. Obtain and maintain a job.
14. Obtain and maintain a hobby.
15. Don’t be afraid to look stupid and joke around.
16. When something bothers you, count ten deep breaths.
17. If it’s still bothering you after that, then say something about it.
18. Take one or two long showers every day.
19. Say Yes more than No.
20. When you’re invited to do something new, do it.
21. When you’re feeling the urge to back out of plans, don’t.
22. Wear clean clothes.
23. Put on brand new clothes once in awhile.
24. Write a list of things you like about your life.
25. Give honest compliments to complete strangers.
26. When asked to donate a dollar, do it.
27. Keep your environment clean.
28. Read books about positive thinking. (I suggest “The Secret”, “The Power of Now”, and “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success”.)
29. When you make a mistake, don’t make an excuse.
30. Don’t use alcohol or drugs to mask emotions.
31. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful.
32. But don’t spend too much time looking in mirrors.
33. Practice your posture.
34. Blast the music and drive with no destination.
35. Take nature walks and explore the woods.
36. Receive plenty of direct sunlight.
37. Look at the world news and see how lucky you are.
38. If you’re missing someone, call that person.
39. Give 110% to everything you do.
40. Think of ways to turn your darkness into a light. (Maybe: poetry, taking photos, drawing, painting, doodling, video taping, music, dancing, singing, crafts…)
41. Consume copious amounts of fruit.
42. Don’t overuse your cell phone.
43. Don’t overuse social media.
44. Take small breaks from all technology.
45. Try meditating.
46. Try yoga.
47. Read inspiring quotes and stories.
48. Find comical relief and laugh.
49. Replace the word “stressed” with “busy”.
50. Remember: this could be making you stronger in the long run.