Dealing with rejection is never a walk in the park. Different people have different ways in handling rejections, but there is a silver lining to all this sadness. Below are some of the ways on how to cope with rejection.
- Channel your anger or bitterness into something more productive. Walk your pet, do your chores, read a book, paint, etc.
- Have a great sense of humor. Use your experience to your advantage by seeing the funny side or things or situation.
- Counterbalance the rejection by placing additional focus on the things you’re already involved in.
- Retail Therapy or splurging on a great meal. Buy something for yourself to make you feel better. Or better yet, go to the Spa. Relax and unwind. Eat something delicious without being guilty about it.
- Use it as a preventive measure in order for you to do better in the future. Take note of your experience with rejection. Learn the pros and cons of what happened. Learn from it.