Inadequacy is the root of low self-esteem. It is all about the standards and expectations we set for ourselves. We’re our worst critics. Other people don’t expect as much of us than we do of ourselves. It’s one big mind game. And to win over this game, I have some tips on how to outsmart yourself out of inadequacy.
- Believe in yourself. You are your greatest sidekick.
- Take in all the advice your friends give you. If they are your real friends, they will let you know what they think about you. Don’t set their comments aside. It might help you improve yourself.
- Know your strengths and embrace them. Take time to develop those traits.
- Don’t be envious of others can do. Everyone is a unique individual. Do not set aside your own strengths.
- Open yourself to the difference between suffering and failure. This is how we learn. Never forget that you are only a human being that is prone to committing mistake.
- Record your improvement and give some credit to yourself. Look back and see your progress. This will be rewarding.