Nilagang baka is a beef stew famous in the Philippines. Another broth dish complete with a variety of veggies. It is very easy to make though time consuming. This flavorful viand is perfect for rainy days.
- 1/2 Beef Bones with marrow
- 1/2 Beef Brisket (cut into chunky cubes)
- 3 corns (cut into small chunks)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 4 bunches of pechay (rinsed)
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- string beans (sliced)
- 1/2 cabbage (cut into big pieces)
- 1 large onion (cut into large cubes)
PROCEDURE (How to Cook):
- Combine the water and beef broth in a large cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Beef Broth (Bring beef bones and beef brisket to a boil)
- Add the onion and string beans. Reduce into medium heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the beef bones and beef brisket. Simmer for 60 to 90 minutes or until the beef becomes tender.
- Add in the corn and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, place in pechay and cabbage. Add salt and peppercorns to taste
- Turn off the stove but let the pot stay with cover-on for 2 to 5 minutes to cook the vegetables.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.