I love crabs as much as I love oil-based pasta. Putting them together is a dish masterpiece. The clean flavor of this pasta is best when paired with a crusty garlic bread.
- linguine pasta
- crab meat
- handful of basil
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- red chili
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water. Drain the pasta but reserve 1 cup of boiled water for later.
- Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced onions, garlic and red chili. Stir until soft and fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice and 3 tbsp of the reserved pasta water to the onion mixture.
- Add pepper and wait until the water is almost evaporated.
- Add the pasta into the skillet then pour the remaining pasta water.
- Add the crab meat then increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cook the dish by tossing the ingredients all together.
- Add the lemon zest and basil. Cook for another minute.