I think Valentine’s Day is awesome because it’s just another day to show people that you love that you care about them. So today I’m coming at you with a new blog post for Valentine’s Day which I am so excited about. (But tbh, since I am a bit of a procrastinator and I kind of save everything for the last minute since it’s less than a week from now). I have here simple and inexpensive DIY gifts that you can share to your family, friends and special someone.
- Old frame with glass
- Scrabble letters (depending on the words you want to create)
- Glue Gun and Glue stick
- Position the letter blocks depending the structure of the words you want to create.
- Adhere the letters on the frame by using a glue gun.
- Place the glass on top of the frame.
- Clear glycerin soap base
- Soap colorants
- Optional: Silicone mold
- Chop a handful of the glycerin base cubes into small pieces.
- In a microwave-safe container heat the glycerin pieces in the microwave on high, stirring every 15-seconds until it’s completely melted. (If you don’t have a microwave, just melt in a pot on lo-med heat.)
- Add 1-2 drops of the liquid coloring into the bowl and gently swirl the container with your hands to mix the color into the glycerin.
- Pour the melted glycerin into your mold and let it set.
(Repeat Steps 1-4 for each color of soap. Once you have at least 4 or 5 colored molds to choose from, you’re ready to continue on.)
- Use a knife to cut chunks out of each of your colored molds. (Vary the angles of your cuts and the size of the pieces. )
- Repeat Steps 1-2 and pour the clear melted glycerin into the mold.
- Let your final mold set for a while.
- Once the brick of cool-looking soap is nice and hard, start chopping it into gem shapes.
DIY Gumball Machine – inspired Candy Jar.
- 1 4″ Terra Cotta Pot
- 1 4″ Terra Cotta Saucers
- 1 Bubble Bowl / Fish Ball
- 1 Wooden knob
- 1 Tube E6000 Adhesive
- 1 Spray Can Clear Gloss
- Acrylic Paint
- Add Wooden Ball to the saucer with the E6000 and let it dry overnight.
- Place Terra Cotta Pot upside down
- Add Bubble Bowl on top of the inverted Terra Cotta Pot and let it dry overnight
- Once dry, spray the lid and the Terra Cotta pot with the clear gloss and the color of your choice.
- Put the two pieces together.
- Add candies.
Adventure Fund Jar
- Old Mason jar with lid.
- Black Sharpie.
- Paint Brush
- Cut a small rectangle on the center of the jar’s lid. (must fit a folded bill).
- Paint the jar lid with the color of your choice.
- Lastly, with a sharpie, design the jar with anything you want.
Drinks in a Jar
- Mason Jar
- Decorative straw
- Small Jack Daniels
- Coca Cola in can
- Decorative rope
- Place the Coca- Cola, Jack and straw inside the Mason jar.
- Make a label for the jar.
- Tie the rope around the jar for decoration.
- Basic white ceramic mugs
- Nail polish (the dollar stuff is fine)
- Wooden skewers or toothpicks
- Warm water
- Disposable pan or bucket (it will get ruined)
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls or cotton pads
- Fill a disposable pan by 2 – 3″ full with warm water and nail polish of your choice.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the nail polish across the surface of the water to help create the marble effect.
- Dunk your mug into the nail polish water.
- Move the mug to a protected surface to dry completely, avoiding rubbing the surface of the mug until completely dry.
- For each mug you’ll need to dump the water and start over, regardless of whether or not you’re changing color.
- Once dry,apply a super light and thin coat of dishwasher safe ModPodge.