Goldilocks Bakeshop is a bakeshop chain based in the Philippines, which produces and distributes Philippine cakes and pastries. The name of the bakeshop was after a storybook character from Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It was used so that it will be easier for mothers and children to remember the store. (A perfect pitch for advertising)
In 2011, Goldilocks launched their first recipe book to commemorate their 45 years of existence. Luckily, I have a cousin that is into baking so she bought a copy of the book and got to try all the recipes at the comfort of our home. Today, I am going to share to you the steps by step in making their famous Classic Brownies.
- 1 tbsp. Corn oil — for the Pan
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavor
- 2 1/2 tbsp Water
- 6 tbsp Glucose
- 6 tbsp Salted Butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup Corn Oil — for the Batter
- Coarsely chopped Cashew Nuts (as desired)
- 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly brush 2 pieces 8×8 ” baking pan with corn oil then line to bottom with paper liner. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and sugar. Sift three times.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, vanilla and water and beat at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture then mix at low speed for 1 minute. Add glucose and mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Switch to low speed and add the butter and oil. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the prepared pans and sprinkle with nuts. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove brownies immediately from pan then brush with the corn syrup. Place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing and serving.
Until next time,