Known as the lake within a lake, Taal Volcano is one of the most favorite tourist spots in Luzon. Approximately 60km. south of Metro Manila, this wonderfully structured volcano is famous as the smallest active volcano in the world. I’ve seen the volcano’s unique charm from afar. But to be on the island is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I’m excited.
HOW TO GET THERE:
▪️ via BUS
(from Manila to Tagaytay)
- Take a bus from Buendia/ Pasay to Nasugbu.
- From Nasugbu, ride a jeep going to People’s Park
- Take another jeepney ride from People’s Park to Ligaya Drive.
- Ride a tricycle from Ligaya Dr. going to Talisay Batangas. (Talisay is where you can rent boats going to the island).
(from Manila to Batangas)
- Take a bus from Buendia/ Pasay to Lemery, Lipa or Batangas City. (Tell the driver or conductor to drop you at Tanauan).
- From Tanauan, take a jeep to Talisay. (30minutes for 20php)
▪️ via CAR
(from Manila to SLEX)
- From SLEX. take the Carmona Exit.
- Drive down to Governor’s Drive passing through Silang up to Tagaytay Rotonda
- From SLEX, take the Sta. Rosa Exit going straight to Tagaytay
(from Manila to Coastal Road)
- Drive south towards Aguinaldo Highway
- Pass through Bacoor, Imus, Dasmarinas then Silang.
Our crazy boat ride to the island.
TIPS AND REMINDERS:
- Bring water (drinks are expensive when you buy it from the stalls)
- Best time to visit is during early in the morning or before noon.
- Wear loose comfy clothes or appropriate hiking clothes.
- Bring extra shirts and towels
- Put sunblock.
- Wear a hat, arm sleeves and sunglasses for heat protection.
- Wear a face mask.
Check out the view from the top.
- Boat Ride ➖₱2,000.00 (40 USD)
- Entrance Fee (Resort) ➖₱100.00 each (2 USD)
- Tourist Guide (for the Entire Group) ➖₱ 500.00 (10 USD)
- Horse with Jockey ➖₱ 500.00 each (10 USD)
- Environmental Fee ➖₱ 50.00 (1USD Adults) ₱30.00 (0.60USD Kids)
- Going up to the crater – 30 minutes via Horse compared to 1 1/2 hrs of trekking
- Don’t miss the red lava area.
Here’s a snippet of our trail going back to the shore.
FOR OTHER INQUIRIES:
Contact Ton Jovi Resort at 0929 659 0324 or visit them on Facebook