Dinner rolls are always a lovely way to round off a meal. The best thing about these homemade rolls is the fact that you can easily bake them in the convenience of your our home. They’re light, fluffy and just plain good. The recipe is simple and easy.
- 3 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter (reserve 1 tbsp for wash on top)
- 1 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, combine the water, 1 tbsp sugar and yeast. Check after 5 minutes and make sure that the mixture has bubbles.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. ( milk, egg, remaining sugar and salt) Make sure to mix everything together.
- Add the yeast mixture to the large bowl.
- Gradually add the flour to the mixture while beating in a low speed.
- Drizzle melted butter in and beat at medium to high speed for 3minutes.
- Knead until the dough comes together into a sticky ball.
- Set the dough for 90 minutes in a draft- free place while inside a lightly oiled bowl with cover. Wait until the dough doubled the size.
- Gently transfer the dough into a lightly floured counter-top or surface. Divide into 20 equal pieces.
- Roll the dough into balls, but slightly flatten one side and place it in a baking dish of your choice. Make sure that it has been lined with a non-stick parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC
- Set the baking dish aside for an hour.
- Brush the remaining melted butter on top of the rolls.
- Place the dish in the oven for 18 minutes until golden.
- Let it cool down on a wire rack.
Until next time,