Peri- Peri (pronounced as piri-piri) is a casual dining restaurant serving African – Portuguese cuisines grilled to perfection. The term Peri – Peri cam from an African Bird’s Eye Chili founded by some Portuguese explorers from way back. What makes this place famous is their 8 signature sauces ranging from sweet to smoky to fiery and hot.
The interior is very lively and colorful. Decorative bottles brightened up the room. Big barrels with spouts are also in display. The theme of the room depicts a very warm environment similar to Africa and Portugal.
I wasn’t able to gauge the staff knowledge regarding the menu since we ordered in advance. However, the service was okay. They immediately offered each one of us a cold glass of water. They were very attentive especially when you need something extra like cutlery or condiments. The speed of service was pretty good.
- Ribs Platter ( 1 whole Peri – Peri BBQ Backribs with side dishes at 1,200PHP) The sauce was amazing and the meat falls right of the bone. It was also presented in a very appetizing way. (side dishes: coleslaw, country fries, java rice and corn kernels).
- Todo (Peri – Peri Chicken at 525.00PHP) The presentation was very simple. The grilled chicke was served on a wooden chopping board. At first, I thought the chicken was dry but when we started to slice through it, the meat was juicy. It’s definitely delicious.
Ala Peri – Peri (at 350PHP) Thin crust pizza topped with shredded Peri- Peri chicken plus special sauce.
Todo Carne (at 375PHP) Instead of grilled chicken, the pizza was topped with ground beef and ham with bell peppers and onions.
- Delicious Food
- Accessible (Many Branches across Metro Manila)
- Friendly staff
- Clean place
- Generous amt of serving
- Decorative bottles (not glued)
- Place looks crowded
- *since we ordered in advance* some of the food were already at room temp.
RATE 8/10 (👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽)